Thank you for joining me!

Welcome to the Happy Grappler. The key to a consistent practice is joy. As an aging athlete, I continue to seek out methods that help to keep a smile on my face, relatively fit and pain free. This is my mental graffiti. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


I have many, many things to be thankful for this year.

I am thankful for an amazing wife, partner, lover and friend. She is everything I want and everything I need. I am humbled and flattered to be chosen to be her companion. Every day is grace.

I am thankful that I get to do what I love for work. I get to help others. I get to listen. I get insight and wisdom from the stories I hear and share. I am able to help change lives.

I am thankful for jiujitsu. I am able to do what I love to do for exercise. It helps me retain in life the qualities that I treasure and practice in life with stability, balance and perspective. It helps me to develop ideas that I use both on and off the mat. It is inspiring and humbling and delightfully infuriating all at the same time. The friendships that I have made through the academy will last a lifetime.

I am thankful for "monthly challenges." For the last half of the year I have been able to change how I eat, practice yoga, kick the soda habit and hopefully sleep better. I am excited to see what fututre challenges will bring.

I am thankful for delightfully quirky, beautiful, and amazing children. Every day their expression grows and changes and morphs into something truly incredible. They are the funniest and most brilliant children that I know.

I am thankful for my family. My parents show love and long to be loved. My wife's family are gracious and kind. I am honored to share my life with them.

I am thankful for this blog. It has opened a new community and medium for expression and learning in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment