Thank you for joining me!

Welcome to the Happy Grappler. The key to a consistent practice is joy. As an aging athlete, I continue to seek out methods that help to keep a smile on my face, relatively fit and pain free. This is my mental graffiti. Enjoy!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Back from the Open

Well I am back from the Chicago Open.

It didn't go quite as I expected.

First, there were issues with my wieght that I cannot explain. Two nights before I was 2 pounds under. The night before I was Seven pounds over...WTF!?!? So I had to cut, and cut and cut. It felt like it would never end. So I was drained and dehydrated.

My opponent was T-O-U-G-H. He ended up winning the entire thing. On the pro side I was able to take him down, but he swept me, passed me and submitted me.

But my consolation meal was at Portillo Hot Dogs with my wife. Which was AWESOME!

Now it is back to the drawing board and time to switch gears in training. But I am not exactly sure where my focus is going to be.

Had a good run this morning.

It is true, there is no losing in jiujitsu, you either win or you learn.

I am blessed beyond all measure with a wonderful wife and a great team.

Oss.

No comments:

Post a Comment