Thank you for joining me!

Welcome to the Happy Grappler. The key to a consistent practice is joy. As an aging athlete, I continue to seek out methods that help to keep a smile on my face, relatively fit and pain free. This is my mental graffiti. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Injuries

I have a long history with grappling.

I started at the age of 9 in Judo. I wrestled in college. I did shootwrestling  in Grad School. I did Judo in my first job after grad school. I did submission wrestling for a long while. I taught grappling and groundfighting when I was a defensive tactics instructor. I have been doing bjj for 4 going on my 5th year. And I have had a few bumps and bruises and scrapes (except for Wrestling in college when I had a nasty shoulder separation), but no injuries.

Until now.

In the past 3 weeks at BJJ I have strained my bicep, nearly broke my hand (ended up straining or tearning some wrist ligaments) and last night I dislocated a rib.

WTF!?!?

Or as my friend Arricka said on Facebook, "Suck it up Nancy!"

My body is breaking down and I am not giving it ample rest. So I am planning on taking the next couple of days off and starting back afresh. (At least I am PLANNING on doing that, we will see if I end up DOING that in practice.)

Hi, I'm Tim and I am addicted to Brazilian Jiujitsu.

"HI TIM!"

The wife got "The Perfect Ten" Diet free on her Kindle and I have given it a look. It is remarkably similar to the Primal Blueprint, so I am going to give it a go. Unfortunately, I do not do well without goals, so I am using it as prep for the Chicago Summer Open. Without something to prepare for, I let little things creep in and before you know it my will, my body and my waistline crumble like a house of cards. A pepsi here, a doughnut there, and presto. I am making minor changes right now and then hitting it hard This weekend. I know what you are saying, "You are going to start a eating plan before a major US holiday!?!?!"

Why not!

And I know it is hard to believe, but Bananas and Pears dipped in olive oil is not as good as it sounds.

Oss.

No comments:

Post a Comment