Thank you for joining me!

Welcome to the Happy Grappler. The key to a consistent practice is joy. As an aging athlete, I continue to seek out methods that help to keep a smile on my face, relatively fit and pain free. This is my mental graffiti. Enjoy!

Monday, July 9, 2012

I don't understand...

Just a small mini-rant.

I just saw on the internet that Joe Rogan was awarded his black belt in 10th Planet Jiujitsu. While I applaud his achievement. His speech on the internet was extremely inspirational and motivational. But, I don't understand.

10th Planet is no-gi jiujitsu. Solely, completely, 100%.

So my question is....

How do you get a belt in an art that doesn't wear the gi!?!?!?

I just dunnnknow.

and from the archives just for your viewing pleasure... a 1996 match between Erik Paulson and Matt Hume. The elbow at 12:35 is awesome. Loved the fight, didn't like the outcome.


Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment