Thank you for joining me!

Welcome to the Happy Grappler. The key to a consistent practice is joy. As an aging athlete, I continue to seek out methods that help to keep a smile on my face, relatively fit and pain free. This is my mental graffiti. Enjoy!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Ahhhhhhhhh.....


This week has been amazing as far as recovery goes.

Because other than bjj, I have done nothing.

Zero.

Zilch.

Nada.

Bupkus.

You don't realize how far behind the loop you get training for a competition until that competition is over.

As far as training at the Academy goes, I have done a liberal amount of sparring, but for the next week or so, I am really not going to focus on any specific thing. When I go, I will probably re-visit my guard and start working my back attacks. On the education front, I have been watching and reading a lot of Marcelo Garcia and Eddie Bravo.

Wut?

Yes, Eddie Bravo. I have been VERY critical of him in the past. But an open mind means that you consider all aspects of something before you pass judgment on it. So I am investigating all aspects with an objective focus and trying out some things personally. In that vein, I have also laid out a personal challenge for myself to complete and for 30 minutes daily whenever I watch TV, I will do some stretching and get into a flexibility program. Now personally at this point I don't see rubber guard working for me, but I do want to give it a try. If not, just for the mental break that comes with prolonged training in the gi. So far, I have made it to stretch every day, we will see when improvements come.

Still keeping with the diet. My weight is consistently under 200# these days. Will keep at it.

Hang tough and stay happy.

Oss.

No comments:

Post a Comment