Thank you for joining me!

Welcome to the Happy Grappler. The key to a consistent practice is joy. As an aging athlete, I continue to seek out methods that help to keep a smile on my face, relatively fit and pain free. This is my mental graffiti. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I have had better months...


Greetings tribe!

I have certainly had better months than this February and I can't wait for it to be over.

Let me explain.

The first week of February I was hit with the flu on an antibiotic and was generally miserable, but unfortunately it didn't seem like I was feeling any better and my symptoms got worse. Then the 2nd week of February my symptoms turned into perpetual sinus/allergy with lots of mucus output and general malaise. I had to take a bunch of sick time, which is certainly unlike me. Last Thursday, I am still really sick when we get hit with a monster blizzard and it takes me over an hour to get home (I live 12 miles away from work), plus class got cancelled. (With this illness, it has been very difficult to be motivated to train, so I was happy class got cancelled). Then as luck would have it, I got another outbreak of shingles, which meant more time off and another antibiotic and more antivirals. Then this weekend with the kids, I lost my ipod.

Sheesh! When it rains it pours.

Thankfully, today is the best that I have felt in a month. I am actually amped up to train and weather permitting, I will. Hopefully, my next blog post will actually have something to do with training and not be pre-occupied with my tales of woe.

But on the plus side, here is an amazing roll between Marcelo and Rafael Lovato Jr.


Catch you on the flip side and stay happy!

P.S. A big shout out goes to my dad, who is turning 77 tomorrow. You are a great man, and I love you with all of my heart. Happy Birthday!

Oss.

No comments:

Post a Comment