Thank you for joining me!

Welcome to the Happy Grappler. The key to a consistent practice is joy. As an aging athlete, I continue to seek out methods that help to keep a smile on my face, relatively fit and pain free. This is my mental graffiti. Enjoy!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gratitude is my attitude!


"Gratitude is the mother of all virtues" - Mother Theresa

Since we are approaching thanksgiving, I would like to publicly give thanks for several things that have dramatically affected my way of life, in no particular order of importance.

1. For my wife and my children - the best things to ever happen to me.
2. For jiujitsu - it has saved my life at work more times than I could count.
3. For a worn and tattered gi, the only way to get comfortable in it is to use it and use it and use it.
4. For callouses on the backs of my fingers, doing the work that isn't flashy, but is neccessary.
5. For athletic tape - it binds injuries and shows progress on my belt at the same time.
6. For all the clothes that I have had to give away because they are too big.
7. For blood pressure numbers that are considered awesome.
8. For training partners who are closer to me than family.
9. For Professor Marcos, he has forgotten more jiujitsu than I will ever know. He is kind, intelligent, humble and more than just an instructor. He is a mentor and a friend.
10. For the Mwod- Who would have ever thought the key to better movement would be a couple of lacrosse balls, some bands and a foam roller that looks like it should be the end of a mining drill.
11. For youtube, you have brought drills and experiences to me that I could never before have seen.
12. For the group I get to teach on Friday nights, your faith in me to provide good instruction is engouraging and you inspire me to be better every day.
13. For words of encouragement and inspiration be it from a worn out Bible or a worn out friend.

For this I am ever mindful and ever thankful.

Forgive me for those things that I have forgotten.

Amen and Oss!


No comments:

Post a Comment