Thank you for joining me!

Welcome to the Happy Grappler. The key to a consistent practice is joy. As an aging athlete, I continue to seek out methods that help to keep a smile on my face, relatively fit and pain free. This is my mental graffiti. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sick!

Greetings Tribe!

I apologize for the lack of updates to the blog, but I have been dog-ass sick since Saturday and had to miss jiujitsu and not teach judo last night because of it.

Damn.

I haven't missed a jiujitsu workout because of sickness in over a year. But seeing as that I was praying for an early death, I think I will get over it.

Thanks to his Imperial suppleness, I was turned on to Mark Sisson's advice while sickly. Homemade bone broth (the best tasting thing I have had in millenia), fasting, yoga and some sauna have gotten me feeling better in about 4 days as opposed to the 2-3 weeks that other people have been telling me they have been down.

Given the rapid pace that the Open is approaching and my total lack of training for the past 5 days, my anxiety is in high alert. But as my lovely wife said, rather sick now than in a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow marks getting back on the jiujitsu horse. Let's hope for the best.

I hope you are doing well and your training is going great.

Stay happy.

Oss.

No comments:

Post a Comment