Thank you for joining me!

Welcome to the Happy Grappler. The key to a consistent practice is joy. As an aging athlete, I continue to seek out methods that help to keep a smile on my face, relatively fit and pain free. This is my mental graffiti. Enjoy!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April and the monthly challenge is back!

Happy April Happy Grapplers!

If you have been reading me for a while, you know that I am a big fan of the "monthly challenge" experiments and was doing real well until I pretty much got sick the entire month of February. I was travelling for work during March and I am glad to report that I am reinstating the monthly challenge. For the month of April during my non-bjj training days I will focus solely on bodyweight only exercises. You know the drill, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Rocky Marciano style. I have an friend who has provided me a supplemental manual and am utilizing stuff from Jon Hinds, the TRX people, my old Matt Furey stuff, Pavel Tsatsouline, etc. I am focusing as much on mobility and flexibility as well as strength and keeping the rest periods low to help the effect on cardio. We will see how this carries over to mat performance and perhaps any changes in weight or body composition. I will also be doing this stuff first thing in the morning. We will see...

Here are some examples of the resources I am drawing from:


 
 
 

Train hard, Stay Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment