Thank you for joining me!

Welcome to the Happy Grappler. The key to a consistent practice is joy. As an aging athlete, I continue to seek out methods that help to keep a smile on my face, relatively fit and pain free. This is my mental graffiti. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

The best laid plans...

They often go ah-rye!

Hey there...

I haven't forgotten about you.

As of the last post, I was going to celebrate our cooler temperatures with some zen style running.

Didn't happen.

Got a new job.

At least I can say that I am one step closer to Gracie Barra Blackburn College!

My new job has been awesome. The people and students have been welcoming and amazing although the circumstances are very overwhelming. I am working about 50-55 hours per week and it is becoming much more challenging to regularly attend jiujitsu at my regular frequency. So when life handed me lemons, I am making me lemonade by spending my non-bjj time dedicated to yoga and solo bjj drills and you know what?

It is working.

Flexibility check. Cardio check. Strength and mobility check. During my rolls with the supple leopard (which are TOTAL FRIGGIN' WAR) my balance and fluidity and rhythm are still decent.

I am also logging and teaching a lot of mindfulness meditation too.

Some new challenges are up ahead as this coming week I will be attending 2 seminars (Phillipe Della Monica and Rener Gracie) and my wife and I are joining weight watchers.

Should be fun!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment